Friday, May 31, 2013

Lesson from Emil. . .

Young Emil during the Children of God Christmas Party 2012.

"THIS CHILD HAS A SAD ST0RY IN MY HEART. HE IS VINCENT EMIL RICARDO WHO PASSED AWAY LAST MAY 11. LAST SCHOOL YEAR HE REFUSED TO BE TRANSFERRED IN “BUSOG, LUSOG, TALINO FEEDING PROGRAM” WHICH  SERVES LUNCH DAILY; HE PREFERRED TO BE ENISTED IN MY CHILD OF GOD ADVOCACY WHOM I AM HAVING A ONCE A WEEK FEEDING ONLY. HE LIKES THE FOOD I SERVE AND HE IS EXCITED TO RECEIVE MANY GIFTS DURING DECEMBER FROM ME. WHEN HE PASSED AWAY, HIS PARENTS INFROMED ME. i JUST BROUGHT FOOD ONCE DURING HS WAKE THE Usual chicken adobo i feed them. I miss this child......he has still a share of the school bag and materials this June but these will be given to his elder brother.........Vincent please pray for me because i am sickly now". 

Ma'am Ching


 

     This was posted in my Ma’am Ching FB last May 30, 2013. It was me who informed her of the misfortune of the boy. I felt sad and became sadder when Ma’am Ching told me that she could barely walk a few steps due to her health condition. Yet, I could not be with Ma’am Ching since I have to perform my task as BEI for the upcoming election then. Two hours after, I heard Ma’am Ching looking for me. She did visit the wake of Emil inspite of her condition. Analyzing the situation, it came to me so complicated. But one thing I am certain of, Ma’am Ching indeed care for the lost of Emil. And no matter how hard the situation, a mother will always be a mother (whether biologically or not biologically).
     I knew few things about Emil, I know his grade level, his age and birthday, and even his dream in life which is to be a police officer; that is if I would check my record. Anything else, he’s just an ordinary student in our school and my regular attendant for the Children of God Feeding Advocacy. But his death has taught me two lessons in life.
     First, simplicity. The boy was so simple. He has been sick but he never complained. A teacher told me that if he is feed of “chichiria”; he would experience “pamamanas”. I even thought he was healthy because he was chubby. But that was already an indication that he was suffering kidney troubles. When he was given food, he quietly takes his food. Ah I remember, one time I noticed he was not able to finish his food but I told him to clean up his plate so he would receive gift on December. Starting then on, I received an empty plate from him. Could this mean something from him? Yes! Read the next lesson. .
     Second, humility. He came from a less fortune family so what should he be proud of? That’s right! He has nothing to show off but he got more. He got a very big heart. He has never been a headache to his teacher because; he sits quietly and listens to every teacher’s instructions. Her adviser said that he performed well in class during the first and second grading. He never had fights with his classmate but instead remind them to be nice to teacher. And every morning, when I pass at their house, he greets me “good morning Ma’am; and on when I’m on my way home, still “good morning Ma’am”. My fellow teacher even joked “mo-datuay jud ning bataa kay murag intsik, masking udto ug hapon “good morning Ma’am” ghapon.”

Emil's box (at his back) during the party was quite big.This was where he placed his all his gifts he received from Ma'am Ching.
     Third, be sensible. In spite of a very young age, he cared for his family needs. Mrs. Salazar informed him about he would be transferred to the BLT program, so that he would get daily meals. But her(Mrs. Salazar) heart was twisted when the boy reasoned out “Ayaw lang ma’am kay naa man gud mi regalo sa pasko. Hatagan man mi ug bugas. Wala bya trabaho si Papa.” How could anyone refuse the request of someone so young yet; thinks like a mature person? As if he does carry the whole word at his back? . .  for his family? . . was he really that sensible? We packed the rice, and it’s not a sack of rice EACH; but a kilo or two kilos EACH for the members of Children of God. And how did he come up with this idea when he had not participated any of our Christmas party before (Kinder are not included to be members of Children of God)? Maybe he had observed it? And concluded to himself “I would be one of the Children of God someday”? Were these the reasons why he gave me “empty plates” after each meal he has? And why he was so nice to his adviser so that he be chosen to be a member of Children of God? Questions kept baffling my mind. It was sad we lost one good soul but his life is living testimony of God’s goodness. May we continue to learn from Emil. . .(Miira S. Ellevera 6/1/2013) 

No comments:

Post a Comment